Women in Asset Servicing and ECSL (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
The Women in Asset Servicing Privacy Notice applies to all. This details how we will collect and process the personal data that we hold about you and your rights under the Data Protection Act in respect of the data held.
Women in Asset Servicing will be the Data Controller and ECSL the Data Processor as defined under UK Data Protection legislation and regulations.
The lawful basis and purpose for the processing of your data
We will only process your personal data where we have a legal basis for doing so. This includes:
- Where you have provided positive consent to us
- Where processing is necessary for compliance with a legal or regulatory obligation
- Where we have a legitimate interest upon which the data may be processed. Any decision to process data on the basis of legitimate interest will be made on a case by case basis and in line with the guidance set out in UK Data Protection legislation.
The information that we collect
We may collect the following personal data;
- Contact information such as name and address, telephone numbers and email addresses
- Information from your contact with us, voice recordings from telephone calls, letters and emails.
- Socio-demographic information; age, employment status, profession, earnings, gender, other sources of wealth
- Family circumstances information; marital status, beneficiary information
- Special category data if necessary, such as information relating to your health, such as medical conditions and disabilities.
Sharing your personal data
We may share your personal information for legitimate business reasons or as may be required by applicable law and regulations.
We will disclose your personal information to any governmental, legal or regulatory body if required to do so by applicable law and regulation.
We will otherwise keep your personal information confidential and never use it for any other purpose or pass your details to any third parties without your consent.
Retention of your personal data
We will retain your personal data for no longer than is necessary.
Your Data Protection Rights
You have a number of rights under the Data Protection laws, including:
- The right to request a copy of the personal information we hold on you. When you request this information, this is known as making a Subject Access Request (SAR). In most cases, this will be free of charge, however in some limited circumstances, for example, repeated requests for further copies, we may apply an administration fee;
- The right to have any inaccurate personal information corrected;
- The right to have any out of date personal information deleted once there’s no business need or legal requirement for us to hold it;
- The right to object or restrict some processing, in limited circumstances and only when we don’t have legitimate grounds for processing your personal information;
- The right to object to your personal information being used to send you marketing material. We will only send you marketing material where you’ve given us your consent to do so. You can remove your consent at any time.
If you have any questions regarding how we use the data that we collect please contact:
The Data Protection Manager
100 Cannon Street
If you are not satisfied with any aspect of how we have managed your data you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioners Office. For further details of your rights under the UK’s data protection legislation and regulation please contact the Information Commissioner’s Office at https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/